Wednesday 24 July 2013

Britain: a pars pro toto, a part taken for the whole

When I wrote my last poem I couldn't talk very well,
Now my eyeball has gone wonky as hell,
But what hasn't faded has my intrigue,
About Westminster parliaments elite league,
Of gentlemen and businessmen and cruel profiteers,
A United Kingdom celebrated for 100's of years,
Britain: a pars pro toto, a part taken for the whole,
England proclaimed as the glory hole.
The ruling elite elected by the large population,
Of England; a really wonderful nation!
Kind people, good folk, I've lived there too,
But the thing that really, really rings true:
The union is divided,something often denied.
But u may say why would they have lied?
What do I mean? How can I say that?
Ask the UK as a matter of fact.
Wales, Northern Ireland, Scotland you see,
The United Kingdom is not one country.
It's a political union but that's not how it acts,
Just look through out history if u want the facts.
From empires of Rome to Spanish conquest,
Papal wars... U can google the rest.
All of them end in a similar way,
The people revolt, they demand their say!
Over the richest in power making the rules,
Profiting on the back of those they think fools.
But wise men can see that words mean more,
There are many other options than going to war.
The greatest of folk demand true democracy,
It's not a reality this fallacy,
That is presented to thee. 
Just research and see...


No comments:

Post a Comment